Monday, November 26, 2012

Beautiful, Beautiful

I know I've said it before,
but my favorite part of  'cookie-ing'
is taking pictures of the final cookie creations. 

I recently stumbled upon an ETSY shop called Wood Expressions.
They have the MOST BEAUTIFUL cake stands, plates, and bowls
made from repurposed wood.
Truly a work of art.



I now own a a cake stand and plate and these two are so perfect
to use while taking pictures cookies.
I've experimented with a few color palletes
and I think the plate and cake stand are perfect for any cookies.
Very earthy, unique, and natural--not too fussy!


The best part is that the artist husband uses wood from trees around his neck of the woods in South Carolina that have fallen down or have been damaged by a storm. 
Repurposing wood!  Love that!

They have a cyber sale going on until December 1st.
Be sure to check out their ABOUT page--
I love to hear the stories behind ETSY artists.
Again, Wood Expressions on ETSY.

Thank you Reginald and Sheila for creating one of a kind pieces. 




1 comments:

Autism News said...

Cookies look great.
Isn't that nice that he re-purposes the trees. Nice piece.