Friday, April 20, 2012

Tools, tools, tools!

Since I'm in Kentucky getting educated about cookie decorating,
I figured I'd share a little tidbit with you!

There are MANY handy tools to use in the world of cookie decorating,
but I find cookie cutters to be on the top of my list!
Not just to cut out the main shape of a cookie,
but to add the details!

When I'm creating a cookie of a certain image or character,
I realllllllly like for all of the cookies to look the SAME. 
So...I use some tools. 
 This is the lion I was trying to create--cute huh!


 These are the tools I used to cut out the head
and
create a guide for the lions face.

I cut out the head just like usual
but I knew I could make a "guide" for his face by using other cutters 
I shaped the big part of the face with an oval

 then I imprinted the ears with a small oval
 


 Baked as usual
and
LOOK!
They all have the same imprint for me to follow!
Cheating I know!



I proceeded as usual.

outline


 flood


 add details


wrap him up with his pals
Send him on his way!

Like I said,
 tools are all around you!



Have a great weekend!

I can't wait to share details about the
Spring Fling in Kentucky!

Come back next week!

1 comments:

paddle attachment said...

So cute (and uniform)! I love this tip, plus the sugar outline on the lion's face. Thank you!!!