Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Saving My Soul

What do you do to "nurse" yourself back to being grounded? 
Sometimes with the busy-ness of life, I get LOST. 
 I forget what I like to enjoy--not as a mom, not as a wife, just me by MYSELF.

I've mentioned it before, but cookies saved my soul. 
 I was getting lost in my "real job" (teacher) and I was getting crabby. 
 I knew I needed to feed my soul some creativity and I found it in cookie decorating.  At first, I sucked was not very good but the mistakes made me TRY and TRY and TRY.  And while TRYING, I soooo enjoyed it!  After all was quiet in my house, I would bake and decorate.  I would look at the work of other "cookiers" and I would give myself a personal challenge.

So while trying to meet my cookie challenges,
I found my creative spirit that was lost for awhile. 
 Cookie-ing saved my soul.

0 comments: